Sunday 8 May 2011

The Four Color Problem


My pre-calc class were full of questions the other day after a reading prompt in their English classes.  I tried to give answers and tell them the gist of the story, but was not satisfied with my own information on the early history of the problem.  So today I was researching in the hope I could put together a much better description of the story in this blog...but while researching, found a really great covering of the story with discrete math details and images that would take hours to concoct... so instead, All my students should read this really nice version of the events at the NRich math site here in the UK... A really good story...

now can someone explain what  that has to do with this event, occurring in the same room?

1 comment:

anne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.